Monday 30 September 2024

There was a time.

I used to make bread, jams, chutneys, elderberry cordial, all sorts of things.

But no more, I don't have the eyesight or the inclination. Though sometimes it grieves me to see the autumn harvest going to waste.

I've been looking at retirement flats in a nearby village, the road outside has become incredibly busy. A recent lorry count showed an increase in lorry traffic. It's up from 100 a day to in excess of 400 a day in just the last year. These aren't small lorries, they are tipper trucks, cement mixers, pantechnicons etc. It's a huge amount of traffic for a relatively small road.

I take my life in my hands every time I cross the road to walk Beano. I don't have a choice, the park is on the other side of the road as is the housing estate I walk him round. But my eyesight is almost gone in my left eye.

Steve was keen to move although he wants to move to rented accommodation I want to buy a property. So I can't see any chance of actually moving, but it's nice to dream.

No comments:

There was a time.

I used to make bread, jams, chutneys, elderberry cordial, all sorts of things. But no more, I don't have the eyesight or the inclination...