This morning after dropping hubby at work I drove to the village, first to the garage to get a brake light & my windscreen wipers replaced. DS did the work & his boss said he could put the items on his account so I paid nothing, DS will pay for the lamp & blades at cost, it took him about 20 minutes & I'll make him a slap up meal on night soon.
Whilst waiting for my car I walked to the local butchers. they also sell veg, I wasn't going to buy any meat this month, but I bought 4 huge slices of belly pork, each one sufficient for a 2 meals for hubby, I also bought loose potatoes & mushrooms, I spent £4.88. Then I went to the supermarket next door & bought a bag of soda crystals & a bottle of Worcester sauce, total cost £2.24. Quite an assortment of old fashioned, basic items, the potatoes will last the 9 days until payday & the belly pork will last through to next month. I shall make a lentil roast later today & freeze it in portions to eat when my L&M is eating pork. I shall also make cottage pie using up my last bag of mince & stretch it be adding oats, lentils, mushrooms & onions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment