Tuesday 20 November 2018

Shopping day

Today we shopped, CHS pushes the trolley, I trail along behind.
I couldn't get any lettuce so I will look for one tomorrow when we go to DD1.
Apple's are a problem, we have yet to find a type that he likes, I'm struggling to keep up with all the leftovers after he has eaten one and decided he doesn't like them. Last week I took a dozen over to DD's and there are still six waiting to be eaten.

As usual I drove too fast (anything approaching 10 mph is too fast) and I went round far too many roundabouts.

A week Monday he wants me to drive him to Derby.
I apologise in advance to anyone in a 50 mile radius of Derbyshire. I'll be the person in a blue Nissan doing 10 mph on the motorway!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonder if you could use the apples in a sauce or chutney to make the other foods more tasty? I know a little applesauce on pork or chicken helps plain chicken go down. Or cook with chicken or other meat to add flavor? Ana USA

maureenlthompson said...

My husband used to criticise my driving until one day I couldn't take it any more and told him to please stop as it made me so stressed that I couldn't concentrate on the driving and I would likely crash. He hardly ever comments now lol.

Margie from Toronto said...

It's a good thing you still have your sense of humour! I second the idea for chutney or apple sauce from the apples - it really does make things like pork and chicken taste a lot better when you've had to keep the preparation simple. Do you not eat apples? I love having at least 3 varieties on hand at all times - the different flavours they have now are just delicious.

Hang in there.

Hard up Hester said...

I love apples but can't eat 4 or 5 a day.

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs. to be fair, my comfort zone is still @ 25mph but I think I prefer imagining you blindfolding CHS and walloping down at an easy 70mph. btw a lot of gluten free recipes use apple sauce or stewed apple to give moisture to stuff like breads, which would also cut down the fat. May be worth looking into? Good luck x

kelley said...

you are a saint!

Pam Monks said...

Following his stroke my husband rarely drives although we have had a car converted for him. He is very good about not criticising but I can feel him tensing when he feels we are in difficult situations. One of the side effects of his stroke is anxiety and he can always see danger, real and imagined. I am sure your Hubbie will soon be back to his old self. Good luck with the apple mountain.

Wednesday

My Oddbox arrived this morning and I've shared it with Betty, in it there were potatoes, onions, spinach, aubergine, a huge cauliflower ...