I used to make this regularly when my kids were all at home but I hadn't made it for ages until today.
I always wait until I've collected CHS from stroke club before I decide what to cook for tea as I don't want him to eat the same meal twice in one day.
He had jacket potatoes with tuna, cheese, beans and salad today.
I had some leftovers to use up, a cooked sausage, two stuffing balls and a few slices of chicken so added it all to a thick gravy, topped it with pastry and served it with Charlotte potatoes, buttered cabbage, carrots and broccoli.
It was very tasty, it cleared a space in the fridge and saved wasting any food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
8 comments:
What a fab idea! I'm definitely going to give it a try x
I love using up the Sunday lunch leftovers either in a pie or or just bung everything in a pan with some stock to make a soup.
Hugs-x-
My favourite meals are leftovers. Sounds delicious.
What a fab idea.
Sounds wonderful. We love leftovers. But believe it or not, I have several friends who say their families won't eat leftovers!
Sounds yummy - and I'd definitely do something like that.
sounds lovely I remember reading about Christmas dinner pasties the lady froze leftover bits from Christmas lunch then in jan made similar to you
I love roast dinner left overs, I fry it all up with a poached egg on top and loads of brown sauce. Christmas dinner left overs are the very best :)
My husband will only have roast dinner left overs if it resembles the original dinner! No idea why but that's how he likes it
Post a Comment