Saturday 29 August 2020

Moving day.

I drove the car a couple of miles to the second bridge, walked back to let Steve through the first bridge, as it Saturday the volunteer lock keepers were working so I didn't have to do the lock as well.

We went into the marina for a pump out and after that went on to the next swing bridge and lock, there were volunteers working again so I didn't have to work the lock. 

I was able to walk along to find a mooring space, once we were moored up I walked approximately 4 miles back to collect the car.

As we were moored so close to the lock we took over when the volunteers finished for the day 

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you're traveling more miles on foot than the boat is traveling by water!

Lynda said...

Glad you are away from the hire boat wharf..sounds dangerous!
I’ve been watching narrow boat travels on You Tube while I’m at home....between your blog and the videos,
it looks like a lot of hard work....but enjoyable.
Stay safe..keep blogging!

su-zee said...

Suddenly wondered-how do you get your post delivered when you are constantly on the move?

JanF said...

Su-zee, I recently asked Hester the same question. She has it sent to her daughter's house and picks it up from there.
Thought I'd save H repeating herself.

su-zee said...

Thank you for this. Such a complicated but interesting lifestyle!

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...