Friday 28 August 2020

Friday

I took DD1 some milk and bread over today, she's not been feeling well. I collected the parcels that we'd had delivered too her as well. I bought some bag clips as I'm fed up with lost peas rolling around in the freezer and I bought some plastic glasses, I've been drinking my morning orange juice out of a yoghurt pot as I dropped a glass last week.


We're moored near the hire boat wharf so it's been an interesting afternoon, three of the five that passed us bumped into us, the last hire boat of the day decided to moor on the waterpoint, big no no as it stops other boaters filling up. They have moored quite close to us and had their engine running since 5:30 so we closed our doors as they were filling our boat with there exhaust fumes. The engine is still running now and they shouldn't th it after 8 o'clock so I'm expecting one of the nearby homeowners to come out and complain.


Tomorrow I shall let Steve through the swingbridge so he can pump out the black water tank. I'll drive the car the the next lock, leave it there and walk back to work the locks for him. It's probably about four miles so it will be a long walk but hopefully we'll be moored up by 3
o'clock.

6 comments:

Chris said...

Another busy day for you. Hope it all works out as planned.

justjill said...

I HATE people who leave car engines running so feel for you with that boat. I cannot understand people who just do not think about others.

cumbrian said...

Rather than walk 4 miles, would it not be possible to operate the lock then drive to the next one and wait there for the boat to catch up? Or am I missing something?

The Weaver of Grass said...

It is hard work living on a boat I think.

Anonymous said...

It was me that advised about UK hearing loss page on FB. It seems that the brand of aid you receive depends on where you live. I've got Phonak at the moment but the Oticon I had previously I couldn't get on with. Ive had private aids previously and they were very good but they are also very expensive, I can no longer afford them. I feel for you with regards to audiology being closed, ours in Birmingham is too. You could message Connevans, they are very helpful and have given me ideas for cheaper alternatives to think about. For example I have an amplifier that connects to my phone called an SA40 which was no more than £40. There are some cheaper alternatives available. I do think that on the whole technology for the deaf is very overpriced.

Hard up Hester said...

I cannot drive to the locks as they are not near the road so I drive from bridge to bridge.

Thank you anonymous I will contact Connevans.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...