Monday 8 February 2021

It's only a few quid

Steve and I try to support local and floating traders every month.

We spend around £20 to £30 and buy something, sometimes for our selves, sometimes for family.

So far I've bought dog treats from The Doggie Boat.

A takeaway from The Angel, a local pub.

GF brownies from KatieB.



Some plastic free soap and shampoo bars from The Proper Soap company.

Some earrings made from recycled copper pipe from by Bike and Boat.


A hand carved wooden oak leaf pendant from https://www.thewoodlandcarver.com he lives on a boat.




Some candles from a local stall that I don't have a pic of as they were for my daughter.

5 comments:

Fishcake_random said...

We like supporting local businesses too.
This year for Valentine's we have ordered a box of cakey treats from a local baker.
I'm looking forward to them.

X

Chris said...

Small businesses are really struggling right now so it is good that you are supporting some of them. Keep it up!

JanF said...

That's so thoughtful of you, such unique items make lovely gifts as well.

Debby said...

Those are very clever items. I love the carved leaf.

mamasmercantile said...

Thats wonderful, we try to buy local when we can.

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...