Thursday 11 February 2021

Life's too short to stuff a mushroom.

 According to Shirley Conran in her book Superwoman.

I remember reading her book years ago.

But a couple of days ago I did stuff a mushroom.

Five of them to be precise.

Were they tasty?

Well no.

They were not edible mushrooms.

We have mushroom vents in  the roof of the boat.

They should not be blocked up.

But they are very drafty and as we have the windows open in every room I decided we could do without the mushrooms as well so every one has been stuffed with a pair of socks


6 comments:

Angela said...

I'm sure even MsConran would agree that those mushrooms should be stuffed! I bought her book in the 70s when I was a student. It feels very dated now. But I annotated it back then, and my notes seem equally dated!

Ellen D. said...

Stay safe and cozy!

Marjorie said...

I had forgotten about her book. The one thing from it that stays with me is to buy only white sheets and cases for bedding. I dod that still. I enjoy your bog. Thank you.

crafty cat corner said...

This reminded me of when we used to put newspaper in the sash windows to stop the draught. I was amazed at the difference in the noise levels and warmth that the double glazed windows made when we had them put in.
Briony
x

Chris said...

I was hoping for a recipe but your earthy humour was much more entertaining!

JanF said...

What a good idea to keep things cosy.
How many rooms do you have, any idea of square footage for the entire boat?

A nosedive.

I'm struggling at present, my sight has taken another nosedive. Hopefully I'll adjust to it soon. Unfortunately it's coincided w...