Tuesday 26 April 2022

Yesterday didnt go to plan

We had a day of minor irritations yesterday, we couldn't moor where we wanted as there was no room, Steve got stung by a bee, I got my hand caught in a faulty gate, we ran aground because someone moored on a bend. We spent almost six hours travelling and ended up almost back where we started albeit in the offside so well away from the lycra louts.

The problem with such a long day is that Steve gets exhausted and starts talking bollocks. Everything becomes a whatsit or a thingummy and I can't follow his instructions because they don't make sense. Steve gets more and more enraged when he can't make himself understood.

Steve went to bed early but I had to stay up to let Beano out for a late night widdle, otherwise he'd get me up at 3am. I slept badly as I was cold, I got up at 2:30 and put an extra blanket on the bed.

Steve suggested that we stay put today and have a rest day, which we did. Personally I think the term  'rest day' is something of a misnomer. I stripped the bed and remade it, swept the boat inside and out planted four troughs of flowers and herbs, walked Beano five times, locked umpteen boats through the lock and blitzed the kitchen. Steve sorted out the gubbins under the cratch, got the stove ready for the next cold snap and hunted out some bracket to rehang a picture.

Tonight I'll make sure there are enough covers on the bed before I go to sleep.


3 comments:

Chris said...

Can't wait to find out what the gubbins under the cratch are. I'm sure someone else will also ask you to explain that! Sorry it was a bit of a frustrating day. Hope you sleep well tonight, Hester.

Jaccs said...

Bless you, I hope you stay warm, dies Beano sleep with you? I’m sure he will be a little furnace, at least today was productive, happy sailing x

Lyssa Medana said...

That was definitely not a rest day. I haven't even started putting the blankets away - freezing here!

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...