Monday 17 April 2023

I'm cooking today.

Steve won't eat what I cook but there is plenty of frozen food for him to cook.  

We had roast lamb y'day, I've cut up the rest of the meat and cooked it with onions and potatoes, I'd have liked to add some carrot, but I have none.

I'm cooking potatoes and onions and when they are done I shall mash them together with some grated cheese, place the mix in a shallow Le Cruset pan, top with a sliced tomato and cook until it is brown on top.

It's an old school dinners recipe that I know Steve won't eat, he won't eat the lamb either as it's now soft, melt in the mouth. He prefers his meat chewy.

7 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Your home will smell delicious!

flis said...

Sounds delish - Mine now cooks and eats overcooked or under cooked very unappetising meals - His choice -I am busy cooking for myself and my dogs x

Chris said...

Sounds like a recipe I had for Lancashire Hotpot - haven't made it in ages, we never have any leftover meat!

Nelliegrace said...

Dear Hester,
Cheese and potato pie, how can I have forgotten that? I think there was a pinch of Colman’s mustard powder to bring out the flavour of the cheese. It was one of Mum’s ration book recipes to stretch a bit of the National cheddar cheese to feed six. She put a generous sprinkle of chopped parsley from the garden on the top for added Vitamin C, and to celebrate the red, white and green Welsh flag. Welsh rarebit was another frugal high tea, cheese sauce on toast, made with the skimmed, dried, National Household Milk.
Thank you,
Nelliegrace

Rambler said...

A tasty dinner - I like the sound of that. Steve doesn't know what he's missing by turning down that meal. I hope the smell gets his nose twitching!

Anonymous said...

Good,let him eat all the salt,fat and chemicals
His little heart desires.
You take care of yourself honey.

Lynda said...

Mix the mashed potatoes with some sour cream as well...they’re softer and simply delicious! A recipe I was given by someone who worked in a school kitchen and took all of their leftover mashed potatoes home!
I rarely run out of carrots as I buy them for my horses!

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...