Friday 19 July 2024

New clothes.

I bought a new summer dress this year, same style as my other dresses and I threw one dress away as the skirt had developed holes..

Then last week, Betty had a clear out and gifted me two more summer dresses. They are too long as Betty is considerably taller than me.

This morning, once Steve has gone out with Harry to collect his washing I shall get my good scissors out and cut a few inches of the bottom of each dress.

I'm don't think I'll be able to take them up myself but another resident may do them for me. I can but ask.

2 comments:

Ellen D. said...

Betty is sure a sweet friend! How nice to have a few new dresses to wear.

Nethergreen said...

When I need to hem things, I use an iron-on hemming tape. I also have iron-on mending tape, so I don't very often need to sew things. Just buttons, occasionally. (I can sew but my near vision isn't good enough anymore.). Frances

A bump in the road.

As the title says, I have hit a bump in the road, not a physical one, but a bump never the less. Therefore I will not be posting for a while.