Thursday 6 August 2015

An old fashioned mechanic

Ouch
I had a problem with my car, I couldn't get the boot open!
The catch had failed, I phoned a Nissan dealer & explained the problem and after much teeth sucking and head shaking I was quoted 20hundredsquillion quid to get it repaired as it was almost certainly an electrical fault and the entire electrical system would probably need replacing.
I phoned my son, he said 'Take it to George'
So I did, my son does George's MOT's.
I dropped it off about 10ish and came home on the bus.
Just after 1 o'clock George phoned me to say the car was ready so I caught a bus back to collect the car.
George charged me £20 as there had been a small break in a wire, he also replaced a brake light that wasn't working.
Thank heavens for mechanics like George.

1 comment:

Mac n' Janet said...

Isn't that the truth. We have a friend who is a Jack of all Trades and if he can't fix it he knows someone who can. Everybody needs someone like this in their life.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...