Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, we didn't do anything to mark the day.
We were too busy moving the boat back from the dry dock at Greenham lock.
We had the boat blacked, £780, ouch, on top of that we stayed in an ensuite room at the Swan at Thatcham, it was easier than trying to stay on the boat. We ate at the Swan on Friday night, fish and chips, and very nice they were too.
We went to a BBQ on Saturday and Sunday I made sandwiches in the room. We had a huge breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning that was included in the price of the room and I took tea bags and long life milk with us.
We walked every day along the towpath, watched tv and read lots. It was a restful weekend and nice to have unlimited hot water and WiFi for a few days.
Tuesday, 19 June 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a good one too. Ours is this week.
Happy belated anniversary. Sounds like you had a great stay in the hotel.
The menu looks quite good at The Swan, I'd like to try the BBQ Pulled Pork Hash!
Is it you or CHS who doesn't eat pork?
Thanks JJ & Tania.
Col, it's me, I like pork but it disagrees with me, CHS loves pork, I cooked him a pork chop last night, I had cauliflower cheese.
Sounds like a lovely and well deserved break!!!
Post a Comment