Tuesday 19 June 2018

Anniversary

Yesterday was our wedding anniversary, we didn't do anything to mark the day. 

We were too busy moving the boat back from the dry dock at Greenham lock.

We had the boat blacked, £780, ouch, on top of that we stayed in an ensuite room at the Swan at Thatcham, it was easier than trying to stay on the boat. We ate at the Swan on Friday night, fish and chips, and very nice they were too. 

We went to a BBQ on Saturday and Sunday I made sandwiches in the room. We had a huge breakfast Saturday and Sunday morning that was included in the price of the room and I took tea bags and long life milk with us.

We walked every day along the towpath, watched tv and read lots. It was a restful weekend and nice to have unlimited hot water and WiFi for a few days.

5 comments:

justjill said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a good one too. Ours is this week.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Happy belated anniversary. Sounds like you had a great stay in the hotel.

Col said...

The menu looks quite good at The Swan, I'd like to try the BBQ Pulled Pork Hash!
Is it you or CHS who doesn't eat pork?

Hard up Hester said...

Thanks JJ & Tania.
Col, it's me, I like pork but it disagrees with me, CHS loves pork, I cooked him a pork chop last night, I had cauliflower cheese.

lynda said...

Sounds like a lovely and well deserved break!!!

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...