Tuesday 12 June 2018

What a day

What a day. I left home at 7 this morning, taking CHS to work, then I dropped one of the grandchildren at school. From there I went to the Drs to collect a prescription, it hadn't been issued despite me ordering it a week ago. I now have to go back tomorrow for it.
Next I parked my car and caught the first of 2 buse to get to Royal Berks hospital to get a hearing aid repaired.  That's when the problems really started.  There was a suspect package found in the Oracle.  The Oracle was evacuated and roads around it closed.  It took me four hours to get to the hospital and back.
I then had to collect CHA from work. We then had to move the boat as we were on a 48 hour mooring. Only we couldn't find anywhere to moor in any of our usual places  .
Eventually we found a space and moored up. I'm now waiting for a train that will take me to collect my car. There is an hour and a half wait. Hopefully I'll get back to the boat before 10pm.
Tomorrow I get to do it all over again but without the hospital visit.
Oh and I haven't eaten since 6. 30 this morning

6 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

And this is supposed to be retirement?? I even now am the same - I often wonder how I ever managed to hold down an important teaching post.

justjill said...

Oh poor you. Glass of?

Margie from Toronto said...

I think you deserve something much stronger than a cup of tea when you get home from a day like this! Hopefully things will go more smoothly tomorrow!

Sue in Suffolk said...

I'm sure I remember you saying you were worried that you wouldn't have enough to do once you retired!

Winters End Rambler said...

Still not stressed? x

Hard up Hester said...

Knackered, but not really stressed, CHS was having a fit of the vapours but that's not unusual.

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...