Wednesday 31 October 2018

Up to my arse in alligators

Life continues here, visits from assorted therapists, trips to hospital, trips out so CHS doesn't go stir crazy and two walks a day around the marina.

To add an extra layer of joy to my life, my tenant phoned yesterday to say the dishwasher has stopped working. My first instinct was to tell her to buy a pair of marigolds, but common sense prevailed.
I will get someone out to look at it but I will make it clear to her that if the problem is caused by her misuse, as the bath was, I will be charging her for the callout and any repairs needed. Cunningly enough I haven't had a single complaint about the bath since the plumber told her she'd caused the problem with it and that she didn't need a new suite!

7 comments:

janipi said...

Trips to hospital are tiring for both of you. Take care and time out for yourself if you can. If I was a tenant I don’t think I would expect repairs in the rent. I was brought up with. If you break it, you fix it. This tenant sounds a nightmare so far. Hopefully they will move on and you will get a better tenant next time.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think you have a lot on your plate at the moment so do hope all gets sorted and that your husband continues to improve.

justjill said...

Glad he is able to keep 'busy'. Hope you are getting some me time. That flipping tenant. Aargh.

Eilidh said...

Looks like she's got her eye on a new dishwasher now, Hester!

Margie from Toronto said...

I hope he continues to improve and that it's not too much of a strain on you. I also hope that you are in a mooring where you can stay for a bit and not worry about having to move on. Please take care.

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs and good vibes. Take care! LMx

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Things always seem to happen at once. I hope things improve soon. Our tenant put in her own dishwasher, we just made space for it.

Beano goes to the vet.

My neighbour Harry very kindly gave Beano and I a lift to the vets  this morning. Beano's dew claws were very overgrown. Time was I'...