Sunday 5 April 2020

I do love a freebie.

We went for a pump out on Friday, we bought a new gas cylinder, a new chimney brush as ours has been nicked or blown off the roof and we needed a bag of coal.

The coal was free as it was a split bag, it couldn't be sold in case it was under weight so we were given it. I do love a freebie.

I managed to save enough from my pension to transfer some money to DD2.

She was still in her probationary period when the lock down started, she hasn't got a contract so she is not getting paid. I can't help much but it's better than nothing.

4 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

So many people are struggling.Tough times.Well done getting a freebie.

Chris said...

This too shall pass. We just have to hang on and count our blessings.

mamasmercantile said...

I love a freebie. My heart went out to your daughter, are there any benefits she may be able to claim? My daughter has her own copy writing business which sadly has gone belly up due to this pandemic but thankfully she has been able to get a mortgage holiday for three months and is able to claim some money from the government. Not ideal but a lot better than it could have been. Take care.

Hard up Hester said...

Thanks everyone, my daughter receives a benefit top up which she is still getting so she's struggling a bit but managing. I'm just adding little extra when I can.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...