Friday 10 April 2020

What a lot we saw.

As we set off for our one hour walk with Beano this morning I thought there was a broken umbrella right at the top of a tree.

Closer inspection proved it to be a conformant drying its wings, we often see them with their wings outstretched to dry but I've never seen one so high in the trees.

Also high in the trees the herons nest, they are strange looking birds.

We also saw a thrush, wagtail, blue tits, crows, blackbirds, sparrows, starlings, robins, Canada geese and ducks.

2 comments:

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

What a lot of feathered friends you saw. Everything seems to be springing into life with this beautiful weather. We had a kestrel follow us today hovering overhead. I think he had his eye on Bertie!

Hard up Hester said...

We have Red Kites here. My daughter lost a guinea pig to one.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.