Rambler asked if it was my family who were rude to me about my vote, no it wasn't, it was acquaintances and strangers.
We had some interesting conversations about which way we were voting and why, but no abuse.
Let me tell you about my extended family.
Religion, we have Catholic, C of E, atheists, agnostics, Pagan, Wiccan, Spiritualist, Jehovah's Witness and Jedi represented, we discuss our views, we never fall out about them.
Ethnicity, we have Irish, English, French African, Polish, Welsh and Scandinavian.
Sexuality, we have Gay, Straight, not sure yet and Transvestite.
Health, we have Bi-polar, Depression, Childhood Cancer, Adult Cancer, Post Traumatic Stress, Dementia and Diverticulitis.
We also have a mix of Left and Right Handed.
Sunday, 26 June 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
4 comments:
Normal family then Hester. I have found ignorant people use fewer words and swear alot, say no more.
Sounds a bit like my tribe, we have a touch of Romany in the mix as well. I got the stubborn streak and the Don't give a shit attitude, but not the nose!
There's nothing like diversity, Hester!
Margaret P
We are a mixed up lot too. My husband and I have white working/blue collar backgrounds but our kids have introduced muslim, hindu, indian, and a lot more. Luckily, wider family disowned us over the years and we enjoy the love we have found in that wider community.
Post a Comment