Sunday 18 March 2018

We have snow

It snowed overnight, three or four inches.
A neighbour came over to see if we needed anything from the shops, very kind of them but we didn't. I'd seen the forecast and bought bread and milk on Friday, there is chicken in the freezer and we had lamb shank for lunch.
I always make sure I have enough food in to last for a few days.
My neighbours shop every day and don't keep any food in at all, they have a big powerful car so have no problems getting around in bad weather. 
I'd hate to have to go out every day, not only do I have a small car but I hate having to go out when the roads are snowy and icy.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Can't believe your weather! You are getting our snow as we had 12C today. Very unusual to be so warm here in March.

kate steeper said...

we have a 10 mile round trip to any shop now , so havent moved since we picked up the new car first thing saturday morning ...6 inches of snow saturday afternoon now starting to melt so 2 foot of mud to follow...lol

Elaine said...

You have had more snow than us this time. It is definitely hunkering-down weather, unless unavoidable.

Here, it is a bitterly biting, seeping, bone-aching kind of cold. I need it to toddle off now, pdq!!

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions but Steve won't eat the beef now what ever I do to it. There is far too much for me to eat, it would take me ...