Saturday 24 March 2018

Off we go.

So we're on our travels, we have moved just under four miles.

We left the marina at 9:30 this morning, we went through Woolhampton swing bridge which opens with a BW key and stops the traffic, past the Rowbarge pub and through Woolhampton lock.
Next it was Oxlease swing bridge, Old Heales lock and Cranwell's swing bridge where I upset a jogger, he wasn't in view when I started to open the bridge but was annoyed by the time I was taking. A cyclist arrived and he helped me open the bridge and started to bollock the jogger for being rude to me. I got back on the boat after thanking the cyclist and left them arguing.

We then moved on to Midgeham lock where we hoped to moor but there was already a boat there so we carried on to Colthrop lock, there was a mooring space there, I suggested we moor there but CHS decided to press on to Thatcham. There was no room when we arrived but someone was moving on so we nipped into their space. The winter moorings finished on 16th March so we can stay for 48 hours, though we will move on tomorrow.
The fuel boat arrived just after we moored up so we bought three bags as we are forecast more cold weather to come.

My ankle is swollen again and I'm trying to rest it, not very successfully though as CHS wants to listen to music and he can't work the radio/cd player so he keeps calling me over to sort it out!

We will have an early meal in the Swan at Thatcham  and then an early night, ready for an early start tomorrow.

Yesterday I went to a pamper evening where there were various stalls and treatments on offer.
I bought some chocolate for the grandchildren, a pair of butterfly earrings, a gift for a forthcoming birthday. I also had a card reading, I'll write about that tomorrow.



4 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Bonvoyage!

Chris said...

Following you in my Road Atlas. Enjoy your travels!

Anonymous said...

looking forward to hearing about your reading...I love a bit of that xx tessa

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I'd love to have a reading. Looking forward to hearing about yours.

Feeling stressed.

I'm worried about Beano, his nose is warm and dry and he hasn't wanted to go out for his usual walks today. My face is sore it feels...