Monday 19 March 2018

Frozen nipples

I often read my kindle in bed at night if I cannot sleep, just for a change I decided to read in bed on Sunday morning. We couldn't go out as the jetties were covered in 4 inches of snow and it was bitterly cold out.
I topped up the stove and made us both a cuppa and then scurried back to bed.
As the stove is towards the back of the boat and the bedroom is at the front the bedroom is often a bit chilly, because of this I stand my kindle on the drawers beside the bed and lay on my side to read.
I have mastered the art of snuggling down under the covers and I use just one finger to turn the page on my kindle.
Unfortunately my beloved must have been cold on Sunday morning and was hogging the covers a little so I ended up with a couple of inches of me uncovered.
Eventually the cold really began to bite so I folded the case over the kindle and stopped reading.
After a few moments my beloved enquired as to why I had stopped reading.
I replied ' I cannot read with frozen nipples'.


8 comments:

yellowtulip118@gmail.com said...

Hahaha...of course you can't, what women could!

The Weaver of Grass said...

And quite right too. Men need to know about these things.

Winters End Rambler said...

Ouch! x

justjill said...

Men have nipples too, but then his were under the duvet. Huh.

Rambler said...

It must be my twisted mind but my first thought was . . there's a definite invitation, Cap'n!!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

I bet he said he had a solution to your problem. I stand my iPad on the bedside cabinet and read too.

galant said...

We don't have a double duvet on our double bed, but two single duvets instead. We have done this for years and it prevents 'someone' hogging the cover!
Margaret P

Col said...

The practical solution is to make yourself a poncho to wear as a bed jacket.
I wear mine if I'm sleepless and reading during the night, drag it over my head and have instant warmth!
I bought a big piece of cuddle fleece offcut, and made it up as I went along.....
Basically it's just two large triangles, stitched together with a slit hemmed and left for popping over my head. I intended to sew short rows to form basic 'sleeves', but it's so comfy as it is, I haven't bothered!
It may qualify as a 'passion killer', but when it's really cold, I'm not in the mood for mad passion anyway!
Have a look at Abakhan.co.uk for cheap fabric, we live in easy reach of three of their shops, but their on line service has a good reputation.

Suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions but Steve won't eat the beef now what ever I do to it. There is far too much for me to eat, it would take me ...