Sunday 29 July 2018

Weather

It's still raining, it hasn't stopped all day and now the wind is getting up.
It's not forecast to rain as much tomorrow so we may move, at least as far as Hungerford to do some shopping.
Let's hope it isn't too windy tomorrow, narrowboats aren't easy to steer in strong wind. Yesterday's journey was interesting in some places as it was very windy. CHS would get the boat going in a straight line but a sudden gust of wind and he'd be struggling to keep it straight. We saw one boat end up across the canal as the wind suddenly caught it.
It's like trying to steer a 57 foot sail.

1 comment:

Catsngrams said...

oh please be careful.

Not a good day!

I had to admit to Steve that I'm struggling with my eyesight and my hearing. He is extremely annoyed though I'm not sure what he exp...