Tuesday 25 June 2019

Vegan Market

There was a vegan market in Newbury last weekend, I went with DD1 and her family.

I bought two pies, one lentil and one curry, I shared them with my granddaughter.

I also bought two bars of soap, I love nice soap.

My dgd who is five walked around the market with me and when she was tired we sat on a bench and had a drink.

At one point she turned to me and asked 
'When mummy was a little girl, did she sleep in had own bed all night?'

I immediately replied 'Not until she was 15, so you've got a few years before you need to worry.'

I know that dgd is a very light sleeper as was DD1 and I know she often wanders into mum and dad's bed.

I also know that dgd worries because her twin brother rarely get into mum and dad's bed, she worries that this makes her 'naughty' despite reassurance from mummy and daddy.

She giggled at my reply and shared it with DD1 when we met up again, hopefully I have added a little comfort and reassurance to her world.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

One of my children has autism and learning difficulties and would often join us in bed at night when younger for comfort and reassurance. I got totally fed up of well-meaning medical types tut-tutting at me, so I started pointing out that it is only us in the privileged West who think that this is somehow weird. In most of the world it is completely normal. It shut them up pretty quickly!

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...