Wednesday 12 January 2022

A bit of a day.

Chris as Jacquie says barley makes nice risotto, I tend to chuck it in with rice or any soup or casserole in making.

Jaccs I'm sure Beano definitely would not approve of wellies!

Wendy I do do try but Beano is not keen on having his photo taken and tends to turn his back on me.

I fell out of bed at about 1a.m. to be more accurate I was shoved out of bed. I'm mentioning no names but looking pointedly in Beano's direction! Somehow I managed to strain my big toe, I got back into bed but couldn't get to sleep as my toe was too painful. I took paracetamol and watched tv until the pain subsided and I dropped off. I needed to watch something boring and undemanding so settled on Couples Therapy. I don't know how effective the therapy was but the poor bloody therapist seemed to have aged 10 years in three months.

I awoke for the second time about 9 ish, my toe was sore but bearable so I dressed and walked Beano. When I got home I cooked a meal for Steve and then went to the post office.

I find any outing quite difficult now, lack of practice I assume, I'm happy enough to walk the 20 minutes to the bus stop and to catch the bus and when I got off I made straight for the post office. It was when I came out I had problems, I was struggling with my balance so I stood against a wall until I was steady. I don't feel scared, just wobbly and bloody cross because I'm wobbly. I'm sure people think I'm drunk when I stagger around.

DD1 messaged me to tell me that another of her children has tested positive for covid. The school and social services are giving her contradictory instructions on what she should do.

DD2 messaged me to tell me that she had finally received her deposit back from the house she rented whilst her new build was being completed. It's taken forever as the landlady argued about everything and wanted to keep the entire deposit.


4 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

I have balance problems too.So annoying.Hope the toe is better soon.
Barbarax

Lyssa Medana said...

Sending hugs. It seems like a very full and long day. btw keep an eye on the toe. I managed to dislocate mine, so it is possible, but it went back really easily.

I don't think anyone knows what they are doing with Covid. It's all contradictory and complicated. I hope that you stay safe. And I'm glad that your daughter finally got her deposit back. I'm even more glad that she fought for it. I know a lot of people give in, and it encourages the bad landlords to keep trying.

Take care and gentle scritches for Beano.

Chris said...

Do you feel dizzy as well as wobbly? I do and sometimes have trouble walking in a straight line but it doesn't seem to happen on the tennis court. Weird, huh?

Siebrie said...

I remember renting our apartment in Brussels, where the landlady emphasised her selling point 'you only pay 1 month's deposit, instead of 3!'. I didn't understand it then, because to me, a deposit is returned to you after you finish renting and I didn't see the advantage. She meant that she would only keep 1 month's rent as key money, instead of 3. It's illegal, and we got out of it by refusing to pay our last month's rent.
We took pictures when we moved in, and pictures again when we moved out, to show all the improvements we made, just in case she would start a law suit.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...