Sunday 30 January 2022

If it's Sunday it will be a roast.

Sunday wouldn't be Sunday without a roast dinner, it's also the  one day of the week when I can get some vegetables into Steve.

I had a rummage in the fridge and freezer to see if I could do a roast dinner without using a joint.

I found a couple of slices of chicken from a meal earlier in the week, and a chunk of ham left from a gammon joint. If I told Steve what I was doing he'd complain about the lack of meat, so I shan't tell him.

By the time I've added stuffing, pease pudding Yorkshire pudding and lots of veg he will have a full plate and a full tummy.


2 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

It sounds delicious and Steve is very lucky he has such a good cook. It's definitely better than the sausage and mash with cabbage we had here.

Cherie said...

I like a person who can throw a good meal together with a mix of freezer contents. I've done that many a time with much success.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...