Tuesday 1 February 2022

Tuesday

 VC, you must be so incredibly proud of your niece, she must be so dedicated.

Chloe's nan, we each need to find our own path, I don't use candles as I don't think that me , candles and a wooden boat would be a safe combination.

I'm sorry I think I managed to delete a comment, I do struggle sometimes with small text and fat fingers.

I managed a walk today with a neighbour, it took my mind off my disappointment. I was expecting a visitor today but this was cancelled due to covid.

Today's meal was a combination of an assortment of stuff from the fridge/freezer. A chicken breast, a rasher of bacon, some mushrooms. I sliced a quarter of an onion and a few mushrooms, sliced and added the chicken breast and the bacon. I added a couple of spoonfuls of soft cheese and the last scraping of a tub of cream plus a good grinding of pepper. Once cooked I served with rice. Steve was very doubtful but admitted it was very tasty.

We have to move the boat to the service jetty tomorrow, we are having the engine serviced first thing Thursday morning. We will get coal, gas pump out and diesel and then return to our usual jetty on Thursday once the service has been completed.


5 comments:

Debby said...

It's amazing what you can put together for a meal when you're using up the last bits of things, isn't it. We have wound up with some pretty tasty things. Later, Tim will ask for it again, and I can never duplicate it because I had no recipe...I just tossed it together.

JacquieB said...

I find my best culinary creations are produced from what happens to be in the cupboard - sadly unable to be repeated.

Lyssa Medana said...

I'm glad Steve ate what sounds like an amazingly tasty meal. I hope the service goes okay. I agree that candles in a wooden boat are probably a little risky, but I love candles and it is one more reason why I could never live on a boat. Fingers crossed for an uncomplicated service.

Deborah said...

Colin always loves my chilli but it’s never the same each time I make it as the base is mince then I add dried soya mince to pad it out if I have any. After that it can be anything after I’ve added tinned tomatoes and kidney beans. Basic meals are always the best I think.

Debbie
X

Ellen D. said...

Your meal sounds yummy! You certainly have a good talent for combining leftover pieces to make a new delicious meal! I am usually a recipe follower and don't get so adventurous with my cooking... but you make it sound tempting!

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.