Friday 14 October 2022

This is tedious now.

Sally, I will set it up once we get into our flat but I can't until I have a proper address. We are living in a cottage in someone's back garden. Tesco's can find us, but not the postman.

I have to stick to the local chemist until we move , since Covid many chemists seem to be in turmoil.

Jennie has spent the last three weeks trying to get hold of our solicitor for an update, no wonder things are taking so long.

As my eyesight fails I'm getting desperate to get into our flat and get settled.

I need to learn the route for Beano's walks and to the shops whilst I can still see.



4 comments:

ShellyC said...

While you are waiting for your new home to complete, is there anyone that can help you work out a dog walk route and other important routes? Maybe you could start to practise them?

lincolnshireexileinEssex said...

Your adult social services team for vision impairment could help you learn new routes. The RNIB helpline could find you the details if necessary. ( I work in vision impairment for children )

Marjorie said...

Hugs and love. Wish I could do more from my side of the pond.

Jessica Hollinghurst said...

Same thing happened to our aunt and uncle who were moving to live next to us as they were getting older. We packed flasks and sandwiches and sat in the waiting room after telling them that we could stay all day. The necessary work was done in under an hour.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...