Wednesday 26 July 2023

I'm not stupid.


Neither am I a genius but I do understand why we need to make a decision.

The freehold of our flats is up for sale, the housing association that currently owns the freehold is disposing of all their owner occupied flats. They wish to concentrate on their rental portfolio.

Because of this we have had numerous residents meetings and many pieces of paperwork delivered to us.

Despite all the information we have been given we still have three residents who are adamant they wish to stay  with the current housing association!

None of them can accept that this is not possible.

Another meeting tomorrow, we have had discussions about us, as residents buying the freehold. As some of the residents are extremely argumentative I can't see this being viable. Some of the residents think they have more rights than others to decide what should be done. Some because they have been here longer, some because they believe themselves to be more intelligent.

What will be, will be, I'll wait and see.

1 comment:

Ellen D. said...

Hope it all works out for the best for you.

It's not a long boat!

I recently got a new book via kindle unlimited, it is a godsend to me as I read a lot of books. I can't hear well enough to listen to th...