Tomorrow we are having a cheats roast dinner, I have no problem with buying a joint for Sunday lunch as the leftovers can be used to make meals throughout the week.
A rummage in the freezer soon showed that there was no joint hidden in one of the drawers, I'm not really on top of the shopping yet, but I'll get there soon.
What I did find was a lonely pork chop, this I will cook for hubby, I shall serve it with roast potatoes, yorkies, stuffing, carrots and cauliflower cheese, I don't eat pork so I'll eat the go withs and we will both feel like we've had a proper roast lunch.
In the freezer I also found some ox cheek and some kidney, so I'll make a couple of steak & kidney pies, one to eat, one for the freezer.
The other days we'll have:-
Gammon, egg & chips
Sausage and mash with onion gravy.
Vegetarian bake, HG leeks, potatoes and carrots in a cheese sauce topped with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
Frittata, any leftovers of the veggie bake and sausage added to beaten egg, served with salad which we are still getting from the garden.
Saturday, 12 October 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
No comments:
Post a Comment