Saturday 12 October 2013

Meal Plan

Tomorrow we are having a cheats roast dinner, I have no problem with buying a joint for Sunday lunch as the leftovers can be used to make meals throughout the week.
A rummage in the freezer soon showed that there was no joint hidden in one of the drawers, I'm not really on top of the shopping yet, but I'll get there soon.
What I did find was a lonely pork chop, this I will cook for hubby, I shall serve it with roast potatoes, yorkies, stuffing, carrots and cauliflower cheese, I don't eat pork so I'll eat the go withs and we will both feel like we've had a proper roast lunch.
In the freezer I also found some ox cheek and some kidney, so I'll make a couple of steak & kidney pies, one to eat, one for the freezer.
The other days we'll have:-
Gammon, egg & chips
Sausage and mash with onion gravy.
Vegetarian bake, HG leeks, potatoes and carrots in a cheese sauce topped with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
Frittata, any leftovers of the veggie bake and sausage added to beaten egg, served with salad which we are still getting from the garden.

No comments:

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...