Sunday 28 June 2020

Comments

Thank you for all your kindness.

Kate yes I got absolutely bugger all sympathy and I made the tea myself.

Unknown, I would have loved a shower after my unexpected dip but we only hot water on the boat if we boil a kettle. Otherwise we need to turn the heating on for an hour and as it was already 27 degrees I didn't want to do that. The other way is to run the engine for an hour but boaters are not allowed to run their engines before 8 am. I settled for boiling a kettle and having a strip wash.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Gosh - and it looks so idyllic boat life. Didn't realise about not shower.

walking in beauty carmarthenshire said...

Hester. Do you use Arnica cream ,tablets or liquid. Really helps with bruises and shock.I too am only 4 ft 11 inches, doesn't help when trying to get out of any where.
Take care. xx
Kathy

crafty cat corner said...

When I was at home in the 50's we didn't have a bathroom or shower and had to boil kettles to have a wash at the sink or bring in the large tin bath from the garden.
We are all spoilt now with hot water on tap but I bet that kettle of water was plenty for you to feel better.
Hope you are not too stiff.
Briony
x

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...