Monday 22 June 2020

Hoping for a better day tomorrow

Today has been a struggle.

It's been sunny but not too hot.

Unfortunately yesterday caught up with me I've been shaky and a bit unsteady.

I'd hoped for a quiet, lazy day.

Steve received a phone call this morning from a friend who was very upset, one of his racing team was killed yesterday. He didn't want to be alone,  could he come over. He was here for a few hours until he felt better.

Then I discovered that I knew one of the victims of yesterday's stabbings in Forbury Park. He was such a lovely young man with a great sense of humour. Such a terrible waste of three lives.

I've picked up my knitting and my sewing but put them down again.

I've managed to walk the dogs and get food on the table today and that's about all I have achieved.

8 comments:

justjill said...

I cannot imagine how you feel or Steve's friend. But I too hope for you a better day.xxx

Lanniesmum said...

Sending you some hugs and to say sorry about the two people who lot their lives. Catriona

JanF said...

What a sad day but you got through it, that is enough on such occasions. It was nice that Steve's friend wanted to be with you both. I am sure it helped him and maybe Steve too sa he'd feel so needed and useful.

mamasmercantile said...

Wishing you a better day. The incident was terrible my heart goes out to all those affected.

Anonymous said...

Can only send virtual love and hugs!

Caroline xx

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

As you say an absolute waste of life. I hope you feel better soon.

Margie from Toronto said...

So sorry for all the bad news. Please try to make sometime for yourself.

Carol Caldwell said...

I too am so sorry and sending you a hug.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.