Thursday 4 June 2020

Spells

If you google Spell Jars you will find all sorts of information about what they should contain and on what you need to say when you make one.
Anyone can do this and do it in the way they choose, there isn't a right or wrong way. Some people use a wand, I don't, and I don't mutter rhymes either.

I would never make a spell bag for ill only for good. I would never make a spell bag to attract money or love. I would never make a spell bag for myself.

I did make a spell bag to try to help someone regain financial security after she had suffered a financial loss. 

I collect plants and other items, feathers, hag stones (a stone with a hole through it) when I'm walking Beano, I carry a cloth bag with me to hold the things I collect.

I buy crystals, often just polished chips, I grow lavender in a basket and some herbs in a box on the roof of the boat and dry them, others I buy from the supermarket.

When I decide to make a spell bag I spend some time thinking about what I want to achieve. I used buttercups for sunshine in the last bag I made, I could have used ragwort or dandelion. I just wanted a yellow flower. I put items in the bag that I feel are appropriate and I concentrate on each item as I add it to the bag. I mark the bag with an appropriate rune, I use a sharpie, nothing exotic.

I'm happy to answer questions about the spell bags but these are just my interpretations and there are many different ways of making them.



2 comments:

justjill said...

Really interesting this. Need to know more. But I do like the idea.

Shrimpton and Perfect said...

Good wishes and good thoughts in a bag, send them on their way, what could be nicer?

Wednesday

My Oddbox arrived this morning and I've shared it with Betty, in it there were potatoes, onions, spinach, aubergine, a huge cauliflower ...