Monday 29 June 2020

Made me laugh


TWELVE COMMANDMENTS FOR SENIORS
#1 - Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice
#2 - “In Style” are the clothes that still fit.
#3 - You don't need anger management. You need people to stop pissing you off.
#4 - Your people skills are just fine. It's your tolerance for idiots that needs work.
#5 - The biggest lie you tell yourself is, “I don't need to write that down. I'll remember it.”
#6 - “On time” is when you get there.
#7 - Even duct tape can't fix stupid - but it sure does muffle the sound.
#8 - It would be wonderful if we could put ourselves in the dryer for ten minutes, then come out wrinkle-free and three sizes smaller?
#9 - Lately, You've noticed people your age are so much older than you.
#10 - Growing old should have taken longer.
#11 - Aging has slowed you down, but it hasn't shut you up.
#12 - You still haven't learned to act your age, and hope you never will.
And one more:
“One for the road” means peeing before you leave the house.

15 comments:

Bettina Groh said...

Fantastic list...I'll follow it religiously if I don't forget! Wait..I'll write it down!

crafty cat corner said...

Brilliant, read it out to Tom and had a laugh, what more can you ask of a post.
Love the last one.
Briony
x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Oh dear - every single one applies to me.

Sue said...

Brilliant :-)

cumbrian said...

sounds about right.

mamasmercantile said...

That made me smile, very funny.

Anonymous said...

I laughed so much that it was a good thing that I was wearing a Depends undergarment. I can fully relate to those statements - each and everyone of them.
Myra, from Winnipeg, Canada where the humidex (how hot it feels, not the exact temp) is +40C for today and next week!!!!

flis said...

Yes-spot on.I've noticed that in the last few months I am just like that.When I'm walking my dogs I have noticed I have muttered out loud things that irritate me and for a moment I think"oh dear I hope no one heard me"and then "s*d it I'm not Bothered"x

Ellen D. said...

Oh yes, those are just right! Thanks for the smile!

Sue in Suffolk said...

Well, I'm sure #9 is definitely right!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

Brilliant and so true!

Margie from Toronto said...

Love them all! Thanks for the laugh!

lindsey said...

All of these have applied to me for many years! It’s good to know that we all feel the same 🤣🤣🤣

Witch Hazel said...

So true! I'm going to copy and post that.

Mary said...

I texted #7 to my husband while he was at work. Suggested he try the duck tape on his boss. :)

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.