My car should be ready for collection on Thursday, I shall phone tomorrow to confirm. If it's ready a friend will collect it from the garage and it will be taken to the marina where we overwinter. If it's not ready by Saturday my friend will be on holiday for 6 weeks and will not be able to collect it. In which case I will ask DD2 to collect it. It will need to be sold but it may have to wait until we return to the marina. We are booked in for the 1st November and I'm giving up driving on the 21st.
Tuesday, 13 July 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Taking a tumble.
I managed to trip y'day and ended up stretched out on the pavement. Beano immediately returned to my side and stood quietly, though he d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
3 comments:
May I ask why you are giving up driving? I hope the car pick up goes as planned, fingers crossed x
Are there supermarkets alongside the canal so that you don't have to lug shopping a long way? I'd be nervous of giving up my car, thinking of emergencies when it would be needed. But at least you have time to give it lots of thought before you go to your winter berth.
Life is complicated sometimes, isn’t it? It will probably be cheaper/easier/more convenient to use taxis. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Post a Comment