Tuesday 22 August 2023

Hearing aids

I'm very pleased with my relatively new aids but I can see a problem in the future. As my eyesight deteriorates I'm going to have problems changing the wax shields. They are incredibly small and fiddly. There would be no point asking Steve, for although his eyesight is stable and isn't deteriorating, he can't see well enough to be able to change the shields for me. I'll just have to hope that with a good light and a magnifier I can manage for a while.

We have a leak in the bathroom, Steve will contact a plumber to see if this can be remedied. Last time I told Steve there was a leak was in our house before we moved into the boat. I pointed out a damp patch and suggested we get it sorted. Steve refused to accept there was a leak and insisted I was wrong. A few months later his brother visited and immediately noticed the damp. Steve then got it repaired!

It was overcast when I walked Beano earlier but now the sun is shining and there is not a cloud in the sky I shall take Beano out again shortly.

3 comments:

Moira said...

The wax shield are tiny, I change them for my husband. My husbands hearing aids are Phonak and they are extremely helpful at cleaning them etc,

Ellen D. said...

Those wax shields are very tiny. You may have to have your daughter do it for you or check with your ear doctor's office to see if they will help you with a regular cleaning every couple of months. My ear doctor's office offered a free cleaning on certain days...

Chris said...

I hope you can get help with your hearing aids as they are such an important part of your life.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...