Saturday 19 August 2023

Lucky finds.

Laura Z, I have some parchment liners, Steve refuses to use them so I refuse to clean the air fryer except when I've used it.

On one of the routes I walk Beano there is a house where they often leave bags of apple's on their garden wall. I'm not sure what sort they are but I've cooked some and also eaten some raw.

Today I walked a different route and there was rhubarb and runner beans, On a garden wall with a notice saying " Please help yourself". So I did!

The rhubarb will be made into a cake and the beans I'll  have with my chicken for tea.

4 comments:

ana s. said...

What a lovely thing for neighbors to do. A friend has taken her excess to her "coffee mornings" and given them out.

Cheryl Seaman said...

I am the only one who gardens in my neighborhood and I am not very successful but keep trying! This is so lovely that people will share!

Ellen D. said...

I'm no gardener but my brother is and he shares his produce! It's great when that happens!

flis said...

I love that - It seems so traditional and fun without the bother of scrumping x

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...