Wednesday 16 August 2023

The last box

There was a box in the bottom of my wardrobe, it's been there since we moved in. I finally got round to emptying out. It contained, amongst other things, a couple of crochet blankets, some Christmas decorations and in the bottom were a handful of crochet hooks.

I messaged Cass to ask if she wanted the blankets, I can't use them as Beano gets his claws caught in them, Jennie wouldn't want them as she dislikes crochet. Cass said she'd like them so they are in a carrier bag ready for when I see her in September once the children have returned to school.

I asked one of the residents if she knew anyone who did crochet and she suggested I passed them on to Betty. This I did and Betty was very grateful, so grateful in fact that she has just gifted me a crochet blanket!!

5 comments:

ShellyC said...

No good deed goes unpunished, someone used to say

flis said...

That is so funny - Sometimes trying to continue life in a seemingly normal fashion can turn into a comedy episode if you can remove yourself from the chaos of others I find x

Col said...

You know crocheted blankets breed in dark cupboards don't you?
I started a super king sized blanket for our bed in January of 2022, and I'm only about an eighth of the way through it so far. It's in quite a complicated stitch pattern, and there are 350 stitches per row. It takes so long that I get bored and make something else for a change of scene. At this rate it might just be finished for winter 2030!
I have, however, made loads of little Xmas trees, elves and baubles to make a garland for Daughter in Law for this winter. Now all I need to do is find the trees, elves and baubles, as we've been decorating, and I have no idea at all where I put them for safe keeping!!!
Take care,
Col X

Rambler said...

Sod's Law, innit? She'll probably make a few more crocheted blankets for you before long!

Sue said...

Haha, that is so funny.

I guess you could just leave it draped over the back of the chair, in case she ever comes round.

Lunch out

Betty and I went shopping today, I didn't buy anything but I was happy to wander around the shops with her. Betty was buying gifts for a...