Saturday 21 November 2015

Pension woes

I received a tax statement earlier this week, to my surprise I am being taxed on an extra pension that I am not receiving. 
Things are still stressful here but one day next week I will be phoning the tax office to find out about this other pension that I am allegedly receiving.
Obviously it could just be an error or it could be that my ex is in fraudulent receipt of an old pension of mine.
Either way I need to sort it out, it could mean almost £150 extra a month for me.

I read an article in the paper today, it says that 'Older people will remain immune from austerity, as pledged in the manifesto'
'The Treasury has asked all departments – except protected areas such as the NHS and the foreign aid budget – to come up with huge cuts to bring down the deficit. But older people will remain largely immune from austerity, as pledged in the Conservative manifesto.'
Pensioners will receive an extra £3.35, well that will certainly keep the wolf from the door won't it!

3 comments:

Kitty Greene said...

£3.35 a week rise ? I didn't know that - that's £13.40 a month extra, I think that's a good rise and I'll be glad to have that, it will help tremendously. I can do a lot with that amount.

Hard up Hester said...

Hi Wean' the state pension seems to be going up from £113 to £116, with some pennies added, I don't think everyone is eligible.
If I get it I will also be very grateful, I just thought that the newspaper headline 'Pensioner avoid austerity' was a bit much as anyone living on £116 a week is not exactly rolling in it.

Jill said...

This is the quintessential rock and a hard place...which could be worse...dealing with bureaucratic incompetence or a possibly larceny by the ex?

I hope it is resolved smoothy for you.

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...