Tuesday, 17 November 2015
Rain, wind & general stupidity
It rained today at lunchtime & what's worse it was windy too. Anyone who works in a school will tell you that the kids go loopy when it's windy. The kids who normally just walk calmly past my office were, today running past, screaming & switching the corridor lights on and off. Until, that is, I stepped out of my office and did my best impression of an RSM. Suddenly they all stopped dead, turned the lights on and meekly went on their way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Changing things in the kitchen.
My kitchen is long and narrow, quite an awkward shape really especially as one end of it is full of my son's large dishwasher. Today I d...
-
Just in case anyone was wondering, I am still alive and settling into my new home. I have no heating, no hot water and no internet but these...
-
I have a local lady who comes and cuts my grass, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a lawn. Some parts of the grass are a lot higher tha...
-
I'm backing away slowly from some people who are getting on my tits. This includes some of the people I know and some of the bloggers I ...
4 comments:
The wind affects cats the same way. Sybil xxx
I agree about the wind, even worse than a full moon, or the sugar high after Halloween.
That made me chuckle. We had a school secretary called Mrs Rimmer, who looked and sounded like the head mistress in Please Sir! One look or word from her, was enough to freeze you to the spot.
Oooohhh the power!!! You obviously have the respect of those pupils.
Funnily enough, I was in town today when there were lots of school-children about: a gang of them dashed across the road, dodging cars and kicking the signs put out by various shop-keepers as they galloped off along the pavement, causing mayhem among other pedestrians. Tut-tut-tut! Could have done with you, Hester.
Post a Comment