Tuesday 17 November 2015

Rain, wind & general stupidity

It rained today at lunchtime & what's worse it was windy too. Anyone who works in a school will tell you that the kids go loopy when it's windy. The kids who normally just walk calmly past my office were, today running past, screaming & switching the corridor lights on and off. Until, that is, I stepped out of my office and did my best impression of an RSM. Suddenly they all stopped dead, turned the lights on and meekly went on their way.

4 comments:

Lyssa Medana said...

The wind affects cats the same way. Sybil xxx

Mac n' Janet said...

I agree about the wind, even worse than a full moon, or the sugar high after Halloween.

Kim @ Him, Him Me said...

That made me chuckle. We had a school secretary called Mrs Rimmer, who looked and sounded like the head mistress in Please Sir! One look or word from her, was enough to freeze you to the spot.

Rambler said...

Oooohhh the power!!! You obviously have the respect of those pupils.
Funnily enough, I was in town today when there were lots of school-children about: a gang of them dashed across the road, dodging cars and kicking the signs put out by various shop-keepers as they galloped off along the pavement, causing mayhem among other pedestrians. Tut-tut-tut! Could have done with you, Hester.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...