Sunday 15 May 2016

Sodding technology 1

I'm not a technophobe, despite my advanced age, I used to run an IT business, so I do know my way around a bit.

Firstly my DGD who stayed over on Friday night decided to go home early on Saturday as it was her school fair and she was dancing in it.
I drove her home but there was no-one there, I knew DD was at work so I sent SIL a text to see where he was.
I carried on driving around, I went to the bakers and then drove towards a friends house to water his plants.
I have a hands free phone system in my car and after a few minutes it burbled in to life, 'You have a message from Carl my son in law, do you want to read it or ignore it?'
'Ignore it' I said clearly, I would read it when I got to my friends house.
'You have a message from Carl, do you want to read it or ignore it?' it repeated.
'Ignore it' I repeated.
A mechanical voice decided to read the message anyway and said 'I'm in Asda, is there a problem?'
It then asked 'Do you want to reply or have you finished'?
'Finished' I announced.
'Do you want to reply or have you finished'?
'Finished' I announced.
'Do you want to reply or have you finished'?
'Finished' I houted, by this time DGD is in fits of laughter and so was I
The mechanical voice continued 'Text 'finished' to Carl, send text or delete?'
'Delete, delete, delete' I shouted.
'Message sent' the mechanical voice said, sounding very smug.
I pulled on the my friends drive, phoned Carl and asked him to collect DGD when he'd finished shopping!


2 comments:

galant said...

This would be so funny if it weren't so darned annoying, wouldn't it?
Margaret P

Rambler said...

And this is precisely why I don't want anything techie around me, apart from my laptop and very basic phone. Lol, lol, lol.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...