Tuesday 25 December 2018

A step forwards

Yesterday we took the boat across the marina to get the black water tank emptied.
CHS steered it himself. He managed brilliantly and didn't panic even when he was told that he needed to turn the boat around as the house had been replaced with a shorter one.

Saturday we went to visit DS1 and DIL which was lovely, we stayed overnight so I didn't have to drive in the dark.

Yesterday DD1 visited with her family, it was lovely to see them all. Her husband is a chef and he had prepped us a complete Christmas dinner, Turkey beef, roast pots, pigs in blankets, parsnips, brussels, carrots, cauli cheese and a Yule log for pudding.
I usually do cook all this but it's difficult in a tiny kitchen with no usable work surface.

6 comments:

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

Love to you both,hope you have a good Christmas and CHS continues to make progress.

kate steeper said...

Have a good xmas chuck , at least ive escaped visiting anyone due to the lurgy , though himsef is driving me quietly mad

Carol Caldwell said...

Glad things are improving. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year. May next year be a better one for you both. X

justjill said...

Happy Christmas. Well done CHS!

Chris said...

Lovely to have your family near to you. All the best in the New Year when it comes.

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

What a lovely thought, hope you enjoyed the meal and yule log. Tastes better when someone else makes it.

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...