Wednesday 26 December 2018

And it all went tits up!

So after all my son in law's hard work, prepping a wonderful Christmas dinner for us, the damn cooker decided to play silly by buggers. It got up to temperature for about 40 minutes then dropped to 100 degrees and that was it.

I managed to cook some of the meal yesterday so we had beef with pigs in blankets, veg, roast potatoes and gravy. It was about an hour later than it should have been but we ate in the end. CHS got very stressed as he was worried about taking his medication on time.

I think the thermostat is probably buggered but CHS is convinced I just had the dial set wrong, I didn't but it's cheaper than sorting out a new cooker.

3 comments:

Beacee said...

Oh no! Hugs x

Chris said...

What a shame and how frustrating! But I'm glad you were able to have your meal eventually.

AlisonB43 said...

We have similar problems with our gas oven in the motorhome. It is often fine, but other times just goes out - no logic. Really frustrating for us as we too are living in the motorhome full time, and never know when it will work. I am seriously considering getting a new one fitted, and would have electric but we are not always on electric hook-up.

Is it worth spending out on bits for your cooker if you are likely to be changing the boat?

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...