Wednesday 19 December 2018

I'm holding my breath

I received a reference request about my tenants.

I gave them a good reference, ok they have been a nuisance at times but they have paid the rent on time all but once and that could have been the fault of the bank.

The house they want to move to is managed by a letting agency so they will get short shrift if they start demanding a new bathroom suite because the bath drains slowly.

I haven't been notified officially but they have posted on Facebook that they have the house they want.

5 comments:

justjill said...

You kept your dignity....good riddance.

Chris said...

Good for you for taking the high road. It must have been tempting to bad mouth them!

Living Alone in Your 60's said...

It's hard being a landlord. My tenants have been in our house over 5 years. Yes they've caused damage but you have yo weigh it all up.

Hard up Hester said...

I'm not taking the high road Chris, I just want rid of them so the sale can go ahead quickly.

lynda said...

We had tenants who paid the rent every month, but barely...besides painting walls black and breaking a bathroom pipe one night, they were ok..I gave them a good reference to let them move on..it was a mother who worked TWO full time jobs to support her family of about 6 kids with added boyfriends/ girlfriends and various dogs....she had left an alcoholic/ abusive husband....don't think many of the " kids" ( many out of school) worked..I thought she needed a break!

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...