Friday 14 December 2018

Replies

Thank you for all your replies to my earlier post.

I spoke to the therapist as she left the marina last week, I was reasonably polite but very blunt in my observations, she didn't take kindly to my remarks!

Heidi suggested giving CHS some jobs to do, but he doesn't want to do jobs, he just wishes to re-do them!
Joan all the other professionals who visit ask me how I am, they are not really interested but at least have the courtesy to ask.
Susan, yes I agree I think we women are just expected to get on with it and if the man is the carer he get more attention, as Joan says her husband does.
Janice, yes she was full of book learning and bugger all else.
Kate, we need a mutual support society, I love your blog.

I'm sorry I haven't replied to every comment, I've had to wait for my laptop to be repaired before I could reply at all.

In the interim we have had another visit from the same therapist, I missed most of her visit as I went out, on purpose.

However when I did return she beat a hurried retreat. CHS said she had told him that although his frustration was understandable he must try not to make unreasonable requests like slowing down on the motorway for him to read the signs. She also told him he must try not to shout at me as I'd get upset.

A couple of hours after she left someone else from the stroke team phoned me to as how the therapy visit had gone, no one phoned last week.

I know the therapist was fuming when she left last week, I'm wondering if she went back and told the team that I'd been rude to her Maybe someone explained where she'd gone wrong.

2 comments:

Catriona said...

Let’s hope someone did exactly that!! At least you have stirred up awareness of the unhelpful advice you are being given and that should help others too. I admire your strength enormously. Hugs.

Heidi said...

I think the therapist's "therapy" is misguided. It's not up to her to be telling a patient what he "must" do, she should be advising but not ordering, and certainly not interfering in a patients relationship with his relative. She should be aiming to make life better for the patient and relative/carer and praising any improvement instead of criticising and being abrasive. You're probably not the only one who's complained about her.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...