Saturday 4 July 2020

Staying put.

It's hire boat day!

4th July and most of the hire boat companies are starting up again today.

We are expecting it to be busy this afternoon.

We rarely travel on the days the hire boats leave and return to base.

This is because the canal is busier and full of nervous boaters, boaters who think they are still on the motorway and boaters who have underestimated how long their return journey will take and are racing back to the marina.

We find a quiet place to moor, get our windlass and bridge key to hand and get on with our day. We keep an eye out for anyone in trouble and lend a hand if we can.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds like the perfect solution. Hope you didn't have to rescue any "newbies".

Walking with a list on.

Y'day I had to take my stick to lean on when I went out, today I don't need my stick but I can't walk in a straight line. Nemmin...