Sunday 12 July 2020

Moved again

We've moved, we are in Burghfield not far from DD2.

Three locks, a swing bridge and a gentle cruise. We moored up about 2:30, walked the dogs and then I cooked lamb and new potatoes.

We will stay here about a week as Steve is laying laminate for DD1, he did one room yesterday and will do another room one day soon.

I'm investigating getting an MRI scan done privately, it was suggested at my last audiology appointment that I have Vestibular Schwannoma. I should have had a scan arranged but Covid means the length of the waiting list is astronomical now. I feel I need to know if my hearing problems and dizziness are caused by a brain tumour or if it is something else.

11 comments:

Beacee said...

Hope you're ok. Hugs x

The Weaver of Grass said...

Yes, please do get in done as soon as you can - nothing is more important than your health.

walking in beauty carmarthenshire said...

Dont wait ,get it done as soon as you can. Worrying is not good for any of us. I saw a qoute which I thought was good.
"worry is interest you pay,on a loan you may not need.
Kathy x

Chris said...

That sounds scary. Hope you get a scan soon and know one way or the other.

justjill said...

Yes push Hester.

Rambler said...

I truly hope your symptoms are not due to such an awful thing - but you do need to know for sure. I hope you are worrying needlessly and that you can have healing treatment soon.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope you will be able to find a way of having the imaging done soon. Waiting and worrying is hard on a person.


Take care.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Good idea to speed things up if you can. knowing is always better than wondering and worrying

JanF said...

I agree with everyone else, get tested as fast as you can.
On another topic, does Steve's mood improve when he is involved in a project like this one for your daughter?

flis said...

I'm sure you have dismissed this but are your ears ok as I have known a couple of people who had symptoms of dizziness and hearing investigated by the hospital which were found to be caused by ear problems x

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you manage to work things out and are able to arrange a scan. Take care.

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...