Saturday 25 July 2020

Steering

Chris, Steve steers the boat, it is far too heavy for me to manage. I can manage for a short time but not for long. I also cannot see over the roof of the boat.

Trish, a weekend boat is probably a good idea, I miss having a garden, I also miss having lots of hot water.

There is no satellite signal here so no tv but I'm not much of a tv fan so it's not a problem.

We are staying tomorrow night as well, we will fill up with fuel and water on Monday morning and then head off. 

It rained a lot today, there was a brief shower as we approached Culham lock, the lock is 7ft 6in deep and I would have really struggled to get the role around a bollard  but fortunately there was a lock keeper on duty with a boat hook and he managed to snag the rope from my hook on to his.

We managed to moor up and take the dogs for a walk before the heavens opened. Steve and I had fitted the pram cover and then he went to find the opening times of the facilities when the rain started. I dropped the back panel on the pram cover, shut the side hatch and closed the cratch. I then wiped down the parts that got wet, Steve arrived looking like a drowned rat. 

Cleavers are small buds from a plant that get stuck to clothes and dogs.

Ian, thank you so much for commenting, you really made me laugh, I enjoy your blog but for some reason I'm unable to leave a comment.


No comments:

Pavement special

On one of  yesterday's dog walks I stopped to talk to a South African lady. She has three small children and a small black dog. She aske...