Monday 25 January 2021

Boat life

It's very cold here, we had snow on Sunday, it's mostly gone now but some places are slippery when walking.

We are keeping a close eye on the toilet, if the temperature stays below freezing for long, the pipes leading from the toilet to the black water tank can freeze. If this happens the toilet won't flush! We have a porta potti we can use in an emergency.

Beano doesn't seem to mind the snow and has been happy to go on his regular walks.

I'm still doing some crochet. It's slow going as it's amigurumi I'm struggling to see the stitches. Blogger won't let me upload pics at the moment.

Steve and I don't often eat the same food, he likes his food beige, I don't. 

The evening I cooked him a gammon steak, I had some thick cheese sauce left over from yesterday and a cooked potato. I mashed them together formed the mix into patties and fried them in a dry frying pan. Steve had one with his gammon and some mushrooms, I had the other on its own. Cheap and tasty and it used up the leftovers.

Usually any veg left over from a meal gets turned into soup for my lunch but the patties made a change.

7 comments:

justjill said...

Winter this year I have found more horrid.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Like the idea of those patties.

Chris said...

What a great way to use up leftover veggies. I like anything with a cheese sauce!

kate steeper said...

mr BH eats far more meat than i do and i tend to eat leftovers because i cant eat volume and like more veggies

Carruthers said...

I feel inspired now to make some fried cheesy potato. I have cheese. And potatoes.

TrishWish said...

Cheese and potatoes. Yum.

mamasmercantile said...

Those patties sound delicious. There are certainly a lot of challenges living on a boat.

Wardrobe

We have a wardrobe in the bedroom that was left by the previous resident. It is perfectly sound but it smells of stinky feet. I've tried...