Wednesday 27 January 2021

Milder today

Col, I'm so sorry you had such a difficult time at work you have my sympathy. 

I had a few tough years when we had a new head teacher who announced he wanted rid of all female staff over 50. There were 9 of us and I was the only one who outlasted him.

We should have gone shopping yesterday but it was cold and icy so we decided to wait until today. It has rained almost non-stop today so we need to watch the water level. At least the pump out pipes aren't frozen so we can flush the toilet!

My back aches after yesterday's fall but I drove to Aldi, Steve shopped and Beano and I walked around the area. Lots of interesting new smells for Beano. 

Tomorrow we will go to Sainsbury's to get a few things we couldn't get in Aldi.





2 comments:

Chris said...

Thank goodness no burst pipes! Hope that lasts through the winter. Hope your back improves soon, too, Hester!

Debby said...

Hope you feel better soon. And yay for the unfrozen pipes.

This weeks veg box.

  Another nice selection of fruit and veg for this week, I'll share it with Betty again.