Friday 15 January 2021

Who's breaking the rules

 It seems I maybe breaking the rules, I meet up with one of my DD2's once a fortnight and we walk our dogs. The place we meet is 5.7 miles away and I shouldn't really travel more than 5 miles.

But then everyone would seem to be breaking the rules and the excuse given is "but I'm very careful".

Steve had a phone call from a friend who was bored and wanted to  to visit us, he is still working but had no work to do and his girlfriend who is a carer of the elderly, was looking after her grandchildren. Fortunately the marina is closed so he couldn't visit.

There are boats on the marina belonging to liveaboard boaters who have no other place of residence but they are not on board.

We have boats belonging to holidaymakers, these should be empty but they are not.

A least two people in the marina drive off in their cars every day, they are retired so are not going to work. Do they really have an essential journey to make every day?

I have no idea what is going on in these people's lives, I'm working on the theory of "Let he who is without son cast the first stone" maybe they have good reasons for what they are doing. I'm keeping my distance and avoiding contact.

5 comments:

lindsey said...

All we can do is follow the rules as best we can. Others are responsible for themselves. If you think that your life is ‘boring’, don’t worry because we are all in the same boat 🙂. I, for one, would be very interested in hearing about your frugal times when your family was young. Is your granddaughter still sewing? It has kept me sane this past year x

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

My husband and I have been being as safe as we can. My husband does grocery shopping and that is it for him. I have been having to have eye doctor visits and still have more to go for upcoming eye surgery. I always feel possibly contaminated when I go to eye doctor offices, even though they take every precaution. Our daughter just had a baby at the end of December and we still haven't been to visit. It's too cold here in Missouri to visit outside and see the baby, and we have a grandson who goes to school, and they have friends they visit that have children in school. I am nervous about going to see them and the new baby because they have a large bubble of friends,that I don't personally know are safe. But I am so much wanting to see my grandson and his new baby sister. Maybe there will be a day during the usually yearly January thaw that we could quickly visit outdoors.

justjill said...

I think if you do something which is breaking a rule and they can be confusing- rules- that no way affects anyone else then ?

Kim said...

The only person we can control is ourselves, you are a wise woman.

Sue in Suffolk said...

Like I said on my blog the other week..........we can only be responsible for ourselves and the majority are sticking to the rules.

New neighbours.

A couple of days ago I met the couple who have purchased one of the flats here. The flat is over two floors, has two bedrooms, two bathrooms...